The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Plans for 2014

+2
stevegwmonkseaton
Admin
6 posters

Go down

Plans for 2014 Empty Plans for 2014

Post by Admin Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 am

Now that I have a little more time on my hands after the harvest and Christmas, I'm planning a few changes - all for the best I hope - that will let me publicise the site more effectively.

We'll have our own domain name (similar to what we have now but without the Forumotion bit). Don't worry, I'll give you all plenty of time to get used to it.

I'm also planning to have our forum hosted so that we can have galleries and attachments etc without incurring stupidly high charges that are currently required. This requires a fair bit of work on my part so won't be happening immediately but over the next few months. It mght mean the forum going offline for a few days while I migrate everything but I'll try to keep disruption to a minimum. Bear with me if it does.

The mobile version may 'disappear' for a short while why I work on it. It has to come second in priorities to the main forum but will be done.

Those are the negatives. On the positive side we will have lots of space for pictures and attachments, more ability to tailor the site to our own requirements and hopefully lots of lovely new members!!!

Watch this space  cheers 

PS - if anyone has anything they think we should have or get rid of please post below and I'll take it into consideration where possible.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Plans for 2014 Empty Re: Plans for 2014

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks for all your efforts Admin.... As previously mentioned, I would like to see a minimum number of the most recent posts with those highlighted/bold where not read, if at all possible... Quite happy with the rest, but not bothered if the format changes as it's the people and content that really matters  Smile  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:03 pm

Yeah! well done Penny for all the good work you are doing. Happy New Year.
 santa
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:12 pm

Excellent job, Penny! I think that the foreseen changes will be very positive.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:47 pm

Biggest single thing for me would be the ability to easily post pictures.

Apart from that, I like the format - but other formats are available!

Many thanks for having the time and inclination to run it. I'm sure everyone is as grateful - and we're adding new members - and old friends - all the time.

Have a good New Year.
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by L'uomodellaluna Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:01 pm

Actually, if you can avoid the annoying strip advert just below the title block, which flashes and invitees you to update something or other, I would be eternally grateful.

I realise that you don't have any choice under the current regime.

8o)
L'uomodellaluna
L'uomodellaluna
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:55 pm

L'uomodellaluna wrote:Actually, if you can avoid the annoying strip advert just below the title block, which flashes and invitees you to update something or other, I would be eternally grateful.I realise that you don't have any choice under the current regime.8o)

??? Never seen this ad?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:12 am

I would like to be able to opt in to follow a topic and not to have to remember to opt out.   That is really annoying.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:38 am

L'uomodellaluna wrote:Actually, if you can avoid the annoying strip advert just below the title block, which flashes and invitees you to update something or other, I would be eternally grateful.I realise that you don't have any choice under the current regime.8o)

If you are using Firefox or Chrome then you can get add ons that will prevent these Banner Ads appearing.
Go to ''Add Ons'' and look for a ad blocker/firewall (Bluhell Firewall is what I use and it stops most of these)
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down