The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca

+6
L'uomodellaluna
JulianaAlice
Admin
Gala Placidia
Flip
lancashire lass
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca - Page 2 Empty Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca

Post by lancashire lass Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 am

First topic message reminder :

The swimming pool has now closed for the summer and beyond. The current people who have run the pool for the last few years will not be back. I do hope the council has plans in place to re open next summer or Bagni will attract even fewer tourists. Does anyone have any news on this?

Lancashire Lass

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca - Page 2 Empty Re: Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca

Post by Gala Placidia Sat May 31, 2014 11:28 am

I do not go to the pool, but I understand that it simply changed management and it was reopened back in December last year.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca - Page 2 Empty Re: Swimming pool in Bagni di lucca

Post by lancashire lass Sat May 31, 2014 12:27 pm

The outdoor pool is due to open tomorrow 1st of June. They have the deck chairs out already, we saw them this morning. All we need now is some sun!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sat May 31, 2014 1:17 pm

It will still be a bit cool for the outdoor pool, but the indoor one should be fine and it operates throughout the year. But it is not as nice as the outdoor one....
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Sat May 31, 2014 4:08 pm

In previous years we've been there on the day the outdoor pool opens.  I can't claim to have been first in the outdoor pool (there's usually a half dozen hardy souls who get there before us on the day of opening) and the water is, how shall I put it? Fresh, yes, that's the best description.  Good and COLD.  But to those of us from a northern european climate it is positively tropical!

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Sat May 31, 2014 4:10 pm

You must be very brave! i think i will wait for the water to warm up a bit first.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Sat May 31, 2014 4:16 pm

Not brave, just stupid!  Actually, its surprising just how quickly you get used to the low water temp.  Anyway, as soon as you get out of the water its nice and warm, I mean whats the temp over there now? 70f+?  A day at the pool followed by a nice Quattro Formaggi con Salumi Piccante Pizza at Da Mamo.
My theory is, i've been swimming all day, therefore I deserve an artery-blocking pizza.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sat May 31, 2014 6:04 pm

chriscol wrote:Not brave, just stupid!  Actually, its surprising just how quickly you get used to the low water temp.  Anyway, as soon as you get out of the water its nice and warm, I mean whats the temp over there now? 70f+?  A day at the pool followed by a nice Quattro Formaggi con Salumi Piccante Pizza at Da Mamo.My theory is, i've been swimming all day, therefore I deserve an artery-blocking pizza.

23c and that's cold for the pool  What a Face  What a Face  What a Face

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Oh! you are talking about my husbands favourite pizza, although on Friday he asked Mammo to make it with three cheeses and salamino piccante, he said it made him feel less guilty!!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:46 am

That sounds like a very sensible pizza to me!
I usually have it after spaghetti vongole or some such similar.
My wife goes for the mixed tuscan platter and the children like the tagliata with rucola,parmesan and chips.  I must admit Mamo is one of our favourite restaurants in Bagni, and Sabrina and Mamo really look after their customers.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:20 pm

We have tried most places for pizza and Mammo is the best and now they have draft beer it's even better!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:36 pm

Must try it, have never had Pizza there, usually have it at the Bar/Pizzeria in the main square (very good they are), though Mammo has excellent food all round.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:37 pm

Flip, is that La Lira, the pub near Bar Roma?

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:48 pm

We have never tried la lira, we keep meaning to though.

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:23 pm

Yes that's the one, Excellent Pizzas, good beer, friendly staff and a seat outside....what more could one want.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:22 pm

Thanks Flip.  I must admit we tend (midweek post pool) to be on what I call 'Mammo autopilot' and for a family of 4 its very easy to pay €110 for say 3 primi, and 4 secondo, and 2 dolci, wine and soft drinks/acqua.  I realise there's an appreciable difference between Mammo and La Lira but pizza and beer midweek sounds as though it would be quite reasonable.  There's another place that a friend recommended in Ponte a Moriano, Da Pinzo.  Have you heard of that restaurant, any views?

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:59 pm

Ponte a Mooriano is one of those places we never visit as we're usually on the Bypass and miss it; but if you like beer stop in at the Bruton brewhouse, just before the turn off to Camiore. Wonderful selection of beers brewed there and good food (though not imaginative, burgers etc.)
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:06 pm

I'm taking notes and who knows when I'm hungry, thirsty or in need of a swim I might just jump in the car and come on over!  Bagni di Lucca is beginning to sound like the epicentre of the known world!  Smile  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:14 pm

I like that ghiro.  Of course Bagni is the epicentre of the known world! All its inhabitants do is swim, eat, and drink.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:55 pm

Didn't you know that, ghiro? The epicentre of the world, the navel of the universe and the "paese dei balocchi"  Razz
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:34 pm

Oooooh!  Does that mean I'll not only meet all you fascinating locals but also Buzz Lightyear?!  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Certainly, Princess Mira Nova, the Blue Fairy..."la crème de la crème"  Razz
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:54 pm

Not my type Gala.  Sorry!  A Reall Man is what pushes my buttons!  Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:23 pm

We have all sorts here and despite it we have a very nice town with lovely people, but if it's 'Hunks' you're after, better look elsewhere. Razz
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:17 pm

The bruton place is good, the restaurant changed hands i think last year? we sometimes go there for the set lunch after a boring shop at esse lunga!(not at the moment though) they have a nice garden where you can eat. We have had pizza there as well on the way home from Viareggio but beware they don't sell small glasses of beer, and it's quite strong!(but good)

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by lancashire lass Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:18 pm

i see the circolo has closed at last! it hung on for a while but no more. I will miss the very decadent set lunch !!

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next