The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IMU to become payable on land

+7
modicasa
stevegwmonkseaton
Sagraiasolar
Admin
Cassini
Flip
sebastiano
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

IMU to become payable on land - Page 2 Empty IMU to become payable on land

Post by sebastiano Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

i'm" ,honestly not sure of all the details but it seems that "they" intend to levy IMU on land in comuni below 600mtres.what is curious is that the lands to be taxed ,unless you are a farmer/coltivatore diretto,whether they are cultivated or not will be determined by the altitude of the comune itself.
to attempt clarity and give you an example a nearby town Amandola is in fact at an altitude BELOW 600mt.although much of it's territory is higher this means that non farming land owners will be taxed on their land EVEN IF IT IS ABOVE 600MT.this creating much outcry as you can imagine.This is not however a local law this is coming from the government.The mayor of this town in what really is only a provocative statement has said..in that case he will move the comune itself to a place above 600mt.
So anybody who has either by intent or casually acquired a sizeable packet of land with their house could end up now with quite a big bill....so lets follow developments
sebastiano
sebastiano
Elder

http://www.contradadurano.it

Back to top Go down

IMU to become payable on land - Page 2 Empty Re: IMU to become payable on land

Post by Cassini Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:55 pm

All very useful. I'd love to be able to find the ISTAT list. If anyone knows where it is please post a link. I've only found the codes they use in their spreadsheets!

Both Perinaldo and Apricale are listed as entirely mountainous on the Liguria Region official maps and comune details. No doubt all will eventually be revealed.....
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:54 pm

Well this is the official statement http://www.governo.it/Governo/ConsiglioMinistri/dettaglio.asp?d=77732
So basically for 2014 and 2015 the old exemptions apply but for anyone who was exempted under the new rules published in November 2014, as a special concession you don't need to pay for 20014 but will need to for 2015 (assuming you're not exempt under the reinstatement of the old rules). Still with me? For anyone who has to pay IMU on land, you have until 10th February 2015.
In case it's not clear, the old reinstated rules are as follows:
1. Comune listed as fully mountainous by ISTAT are exempt
2. Comune listed as partially mountainous by ISTAT - only registered farmers are exempt

Everyone else must pay.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:53 am

Sorry, but can someone please tell me how much land you need to own to be eligible to have to pay this ?  I assume it is land outside the perimeter of your garden.....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:53 pm

It doesn't work like that. If the land is listed on your visura with a reddito dominicale & agrario (ie there are figures in these columns) then you pay IMU on it.
If you think it should be lusted as garden and not have any values in these columns then you have to get that done at the cadastral office.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:51 pm

Well I'm please to say that our Comune has posted on their web site today that no IMU will be payable on land 2014 and 2015. I was a bit surprised to find they are listed as totally mountain when most of it is less than 300m...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:02 am

Good news Steve. But, isn't it all about the height of the Comune offices....most of Amandola is above 600m but the Comune is situated below that so all  'Amandolians' will be eligible to pay IMU on land...that is of course, unless,  as the Mayor has suggested they move the Comune offices up higher !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:29 am

Angela Fuller wrote:Good news Steve. But, isn't it all about the height of the Comune offices....most of Amandola is above 600m but the Comune is situated below that so all  'Amandolians' will be eligible to pay IMU on land...that is of course, unless,  as the Mayor has suggested they move the Comune offices up higher !

From what I've read, you are right about it being the comune offices height, but ours is well below 600m. It is in fact below our house which is only 272m.... So I don't know what is going on there, but suspect it's some historic criteria.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:10 am

No Angie. Those rules have been scrapped and it now goes on the ISTAT list of mountain comune. For this list height isn't the only criteria. For example we are quite low (about 300m) but the terrain is extremely steep, like the Cinque Terra.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassini Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Delighted to report Perinaldo back to exempt status. Any news on Apricale?
Cassini
Cassini
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:55 pm

Yup, it's back to the old rules so no IMU on land for Apricale either.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:25 am

According to my comune it has nothing to do with where the seat of the comune is, but how high your land is - and as the AdE (apparently) have a list of all land and its height above sea level, you as owner should know whetheryou should pay.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:56 am

No, it's nothing to do with how high your land is. They are wrong. It is to do with whether your comune is on the ISTAT list. You can see the list here.

If you are listed in column N "comune montano" with a T then you are exempt, with a NM you pay and with a P only registered farmers are exempt. This is pretty much just as it was before.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Thanks Admin.

Have just checked your link and it appears Amandola is exempt as well Very Happy
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:40 pm

Well I'm off to our local comune next week to find out how much IMU, TASI (and any other damn tax they can dream up!) we owe.  While I'm there I'll doubtless find out whether or not we're also liable for a stonking great additional bill for IMU on land.

So watch this space!  Shocked
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:45 pm

And oh what fun I had! Smile Smile 

No one else waiting at the comune so straight in to see the deadpan Mauro.  A bill for IMU (part 2) plus 2 further bills for TASI.  He didn't mention IMU on land so I certainly didn't.

Off to the bank next door where, a mere 20 minutes later, all the bills were paid.

Down the road to the post office where (never been known before!) 2 people were serving so the rubbish tax was paid in a trice.

Then up the road again to Maurizia's bar for a celebratory drink. Smile
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:07 pm

Everything went smoothly Ghiro, glad to hear it......!
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 pm

Sounds like one of days when things went as hoped rather than expected. We tend to budget 30 mins for any trip to the post office, commune, doctors etc etc. Anything less we feel as if we are up on the deal.

Without doubt the post office staff at most post offices near casa mia are absolutely totally lacking in customer awareness or consideration.

You got lucky !

V Shocked
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:21 pm

We allow half a day for anything like that and are often not disappointed! Although these days we rarely visit the post office, we found the very same as Vincino until the "witch" as I called her just went. She made Basil Faulty look very helpful, pleasant and customer focused... Now we have revolving staff whom I guess are filling in until they can find someone permanent. Worst case scenario being the witch from hell comes back, but she has been AWOL for over a year now. Funny enough the 3-4 temps are al lovely and helpful, but more to the point often without queues... However we now pay our bills on-line and only visit now and then if we need to post a parcel.  As for the comune we have not had much to do with and now normally resort to emailing, which surprising enough they reply quite quickly... Surprised

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:19 am

Well, assuming the 2016 tax changes pass through unamended then no more IMU or IRAP on agricultural land no matter where you live or where the land is situated. Fingers crossed
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Is TASI staying ? I just this week got our two bills for TARI, I do much prefer them to send a bill ! I also heard/saw somewhere that they were going to put one of the taxes on your Enel bill ?

I'm sure they will not lose out !?

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by modicasa Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:53 am

IMU on land will remain if you are not in a mountainous comune and are not a coltivatore diretto or azienda agricola we are told today.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum