The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sedano

2 posters

Go down

Sedano Empty Sedano

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:27 pm

They seem to have two types of this here and call both sedano, both are celery to me. Perhaps someone can explain the difference and save me using google... Just chopped some for dinner tonight (something we do often in summer is prepare dinner in the heat of the day). We planted 10 plants early on in the year of the "not really celery type". On a whim I decided if it does as everything else here seems to, I would lop off the head of one plant and use it... Well I've since rotated between plants lopping off their heads to use and woe and behold they grow again. Not quite the same strength growth, but near enough, so 10 plants produce at least 20 lots (not got around to cutting for the 2nd time yet).

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Sedano Empty Re: Sedano

Post by Flip Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:44 pm

there is White and Green sold in the shops, also Cedano Rape, which is celariac to you and me. Not to be confused with Cardoni, the celery/thistle hybrid, which is mighty tasty though.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Aug 28, 2014 9:09 pm

Flip wrote:there is White and Green sold in the shops, also Cedano Rape, which is celariac to you and me. Not to be confused with Cardoni, the celery/thistle hybrid, which is mighty tasty though.

Ah just to confuse things more eh! So I guess the stuff we buy as plants is the green and white a bit like I would expect to get in the UK, Celariac I think I've seen and think I would easily recognise, now this Cedano does not come up on google, but sedano rapa does, but looks very much the same as celariac... Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum