The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heat Pumps - New Tariffe D1

3 posters

Go down

Heat Pumps - New Tariffe D1  Empty Heat Pumps - New Tariffe D1

Post by Panner Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:16 am

Application forms are now available for anyone interested in the new D1 tariff that is being introduced on an experimental basis from 1 July.

Forms can be obtained online - ENEL's are a http://www.enel.it/it-IT/clienti/enel_servizio_elettrico/tariffe_per_la_casa/Tariffa_D1_Pompe_di_calore/

If your main source of heating is a heat pump that came into operation after 31 December 2007 it should be worth considering.

The new tariff has a single charge rate which does not increase with the amount used. Around 20 to 22c  per KWH as opposed to 30 - 32c  at the margin on the normal tariffs.

The full regulations (in Italian) relating to it can be downloaded in pdf form using the following link: www.autorita.energia.it/allegati/docs/14/205-14.pdf

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Heat Pumps - New Tariffe D1  Empty Re: Heat Pumps - New Tariffe D1

Post by chriscol Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Thanks for this information Panner.  I'm in the UK at the moment, but planning to go over to Italy later in the summer.  Our boiler is a replacement for the original boiler which installed in 2004, so I think the replacement was fitted about 2009 by the previous owners. It runs on gas.  Looking at the wording of the link in your post it looks like this new tariff is something for people with electric heating systems? I have'nt got any of the paperwork in the UK, so what would I need to check when I go over, to establish whether we can apply for the new D1 tariff.

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Panner Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:56 pm

Hi chriscol

The D1 Tarriff is purely for those that use electric heat pumps (Air Source - incl aircon units) and Ground Source as their sole or primary heating. I belive that it is possible to have a gas boiler but purely as an emergency back up.

The purpose of the new tariff is to remov the disincentive to people changing to heat pumps that was there because of the way electricity is charged for - ie it gets more expensive the more electric that is used, giving a marginal cost of around 32c per KWH.

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by chriscol Fri Jun 06, 2014 3:33 pm

Hi Panner,

Thanks for clarifying that.  Thought it might be an idea for the 'lecky' users amongst us!

chriscol
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Panner wrote:Application forms are now available for anyone interested in the new D1 tariff that is being introduced on an experimental basis from 1 July.Forms can be obtained online - ENEL's are a http://www.enel.it/it-IT/clienti/enel_servizio_elettrico/tariffe_per_la_casa/Tariffa_D1_Pompe_di_calore/If your main source of heating is a heat pump that came into operation after 31 December 2007 it should be worth considering.

The new tariff has a single charge rate which does not increase with the amount used. Around 20 to 22c  per KWH as opposed to 30 - 32c  at the margin on the normal tariffs.

The full regulations (in Italian) relating to it can be downloaded in pdf form using the following link: www.autorita.energia.it/allegati/docs/14/205-14.pdf
Missed out again Crying or Very sad , as mine was installed 2004/5. But if they roll it out after the trial, then will go for the change, as probably have another 10 years on the pump.
Is a good deal, if you get the heating saving discount as well via the tax system as well for a certified renovation.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Panner Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:20 pm

Update on current ENEL prices for D1 tariff and comparison with D2 & D3 rates

For those that are interested the current effective rates (including IVA) are:

D1 Tariff (Resident)

F1     E 0.190951 per KWh
F2/3  E 0.183944 per KWh

Standing Charge (10KW supply) 21.51 E per month

D2 Tariff (Resident)

Rate for consumption over 4,440 KWh/annum (370 KWh/month)

F1     E 0.330651 per KWh
F2/3  E 0.323644 per KWh

Standing Charge (10KW supply) E8.71 per month

D3 Tariff (Non resident)

Rate for consumption over 4,440 KWh/annum (370 KWh/month)

F1     E 0.318408 per KWh
F2/3  E 0.311401 per KWh

Standing Charge (10KW supply) E 18.96 per month

Notes

F1 is weekdays between 08:00 and 17:00
F2/3 is the rest of the time plus festa days

Both D2 & D3 have lower rates for consumption of less than 370 KWh per month (but not as low as the standard D1 rates)

The effective rate for heating using the D1 tariff (assuming a COP of say 4) works out at approx 5 cents per KWh of heat produced which is cheaper than gas central heating in the UK

Panner
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu Feb 26, 2015 6:39 pm

Must admit, I had a change on my pump to a slightly higher one  for testing purposes, so could still get the D1 tariff, as it was after the introduction date.
Used just under 2500Kwh for the whole house for mid Nov to mid Jan, so 500 odd euros not that bad.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum