The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame?

4 posters

Go down

A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame? Empty A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame?

Post by Neil D Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:59 pm

What cloying, sentimental and inept nonsense this film was.  The men to whom the film was dedicated deserved a better vehicle than this.  The historical inaccuracies were particularly grating and suggested to me the film-makers simply could not be bothered to get their facts right and treat the story with the respect it warranted.  Others may argue that they were not integral to the story and so don't matter. 

However, why introduce a black US parachutist when there were none on overseas service in the war?  Could you really pick up a phone and talk to someone in Salerno from Fiesole right across a war zone? The hostages were eventually released but not for another 19 days.  Dramatic licence perhaps but if the film is about real events and real people then the makers have a responsibility to do these justice and not hide behind the weaselly get-out clause of 'liberamente ispirato a...'
Neil D
Neil D
Elder

Back to top Go down

A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame? Empty Re: A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame?

Post by Gala Placidia Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:10 pm

I was meaning to watch it last night, but I was not feeling well and went to bed early... After reading your post, I am glad that I didn't. Fictional characters can be created... but fictional "history"? And what is really worrying is that the younger generations will start thinking that there were black parachutists all over Italy... and the phone call is hilarious... long distance calls during WW2 and in the middle of a war zone  Rolling Eyes  Razz  Glad I went to bed! What a waste of resources and money!
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame? Empty Re: A Testa Alta - I Martiri di Fiesole: why is Italian TV so lame?

Post by modicasa Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:57 am

Utterly terrible programme - at least the first 10 minutes I allowed it before turning over.   Italian tv is shoddy to say the least, because it is either run by committee or as a personal fiefdom.  Rai have no conception of how to make a programme - the sooner Renzi pulls it apart, the better.  And yet they have the brass neck to put on a public info film telling us how Rai is the leader in Europe.  Leader in what exactly?  being utterly crap?     And then there's mediaset.......

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:01 am

This is why so many of us go looking elsewhere .....the beeb for instance..............

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum