The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mountains...

+3
Flip
Angela Fuller
stevegwmonkseaton
7 posters

Go down

Mountains... Empty Mountains...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:22 pm

Abruzzo is "C" shaped and has mountains all around drawing the "C". Consequently we have views of the mountains (with snow at present) from almost everywhere. Only the other days I wondered what others here see?  Smile  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Mountains... Empty Re: Mountains...

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:49 am

We have a 180 degrees of snow capped mountains where I live in Marche Steve.  We also have a view of Sarnano from above which when lit up at night is spectacular.  I suppose it was the views that made us come to live here.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:51 am

Oh yes, forgot to say, we can also see the ski slopes above Sarnano, another plus....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:02 am

Angela Fuller wrote:We have a 180 degrees of snow capped mountains where I live in Marche Steve.  We also have a view of Sarnano from above which when lit up at night is spectacular.  I suppose it was the views that made us come to live here.

Of course hence the photo, beautiful view,which I imagine changes several times a day with the different light and through the seasons?

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 am

We are in the Mountains as well and over look the Lima Valley, and at the back of us are the Mountains surrounding Abetone, which still is a booming Ski resort.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Mountains... Empty Oddly enough...

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:57 am

Flip wrote:We are in the Mountains as well and over look the Lima Valley, and at the back of us are the Mountains surrounding Abetone, which still is a booming Ski resort.

... it it was Bagni di Lucca and the like that made me think about the views others may have being very different. We passed through there twice on visits to Fivizzanno and did not recall seeing the mountains there. Although I do recall the train climbing the track and passing right through a mountain at one point with a station in the middle. A beautiful train journey, but just a tad worrying on the tilting train, which was of course not supposed to, it was just half the line had been washed away. I guess the ski resort is the same one the owner of the water mill we stayed at used.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:07 am

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
Angela Fuller wrote:We have a 180 degrees of snow capped mountains where I live in Marche Steve.  We also have a view of Sarnano from above which when lit up at night is spectacular.  I suppose it was the views that made us come to live here.
Of course hence the photo, beautiful view,which I imagine changes several times a day with the different light and through the seasons?

Yes Steve, the view is everchanging, we are 650m up so often we are in the sun when Sarnano is in the clouds...all very unpredictable....and yes the light changes with the seasons....A very special place to live....Local people call it 'The Golden Triangle'  the area between and including Amandola, Sarnano and Gualdo....
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:58 am

Golden triangle my **** !!  Evil or Very Mad   Very Happy 

A bit too close to the mountains for me, your photo is indeed superb, I do on occasion drive through to Sarnano from Penna San Giovanni (which is just above the golden triangle (!!!)) and at times the mists which hang below eye level as you travel through are stunning. The villages all popping out above the mists.........very special.

From where I am sitting as I write, the snow looks like it is receding rapidly (understandable for this winter !), I hope the ski area remains open as the last few years must have been a financial challenge for them ?

Ok Ok............the so called golden triangle isn't bad...........not sure about Gualdo, what is there ? Also the area is not blessed with a great deal of lunch spots to my recollection ? (Although, the Agriturismo 'Madonna di Piana' is GREAT to be fair)

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:37 am

Ok V, take your point, Gualdo is not heaving with 'lunch spots', and is comparitively small when compared to Amandola and Sarnano.....but does have a bank, a Dr's, PO, 2 small mini-supermarkets - one only closes for half an hr at lunch time, butchers and veg shop so not too bad.....The views are fantastic.  A new hotel Cancello Est has opened for buisness so there is hope..... in the 'Golden Triangle', and Penna could be part of it as not too far away...
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Mountains... Empty Views with a difference

Post by JulianaAlice Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:24 pm

The view from our garden apartment in Lunigiana depends on which way we turn.

From our own terrace, to the left, there is neighbour Paolo's car and the electric gates out to the road.  Straight ahead is my neighbour's garden and his wonderful shrubs and garden sculptures. From our patch of grass, if we look over the hedge, we can see fruit trees and a log pile, and next to that, neighbour Carla's hoovered and polished patio with flower pots of the season.  Look up and there are Erica's bloomers blowing on the line from her balcony, but above and beyond everything else, are the mountains and hilltop castles of Lunigiana. 
 Love it!  flower
JulianaAlice
JulianaAlice
Elder

http://www.familychest.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:18 pm

JulianaAlice wrote:The view from our garden apartment in Lunigiana depends on which way we turn.From our own terrace, to the left, there is neighbour Paolo's car and the electric gates out to the road.  Straight ahead is my neighbour's garden and his wonderful shrubs and garden sculptures. From our patch of grass, if we look over the hedge, we can see fruit trees and a log pile, and next to that, neighbour Carla's hoovered and polished patio with flower pots of the season.  Look up and there are Erica's bloomers blowing on the line from her balcony, but above and beyond everything else, are the mountains and hilltop castles of Lunigiana.  Love it!  flower

... by the sounds of it ... I love too!

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:24 pm

Casa Ghiro is about 1000ft up in the hills towards the end of a V-shaped valley.  As we look down the valley we see the hills of northern Tuscany (with the twinkling lights of villages at night) and beyond them the mighty Apennines (currently still snow-capped).

Don't most of us who own a house in Italy buy it, at least in part, because of the breathtaking view?
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:40 pm

ghiro wrote:......Don't most of us who own a house in Italy buy it, at least in part, because of the breathtaking view?

Only in part Ghiro. I don't know what it is about the country, but it oozes out of the people!  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 pm

stevegwmonkseaton wrote:
Only in part Ghiro. I don't know what it is about the country, but it oozes out of the people!  Smile  Smile
So right Steve,  Smile   Doesn't it just!
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by Casa Monal Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:53 pm

We too have different views from our balcony.  To the left the mountain village of Castel Vitoria, below & to the right, Pigna and the local church clock and tower, behind us Mt Torraggio covered in snow (now) and in the distance the snow-capped Maritime Alps.
Casa Monal
Casa Monal
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum