The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

English TV

+2
stevegwmonkseaton
lancashire lass
6 posters

Go down

English TV Empty English TV

Post by lancashire lass Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:44 pm

We have a satellite dish and until this year we have been
able to receive all the uk channels, we have lost all the channel 5's due
to a change in Satellite and I believe that later this year we are likely to
lose the BBC and other English channels as they will also be moving satellite,
has anybody else been affected by this change and has anybody found a way round
it?
we have also in the last two weeks lost Noi TV on the normal Italian channels
not on the satellite, has anybody else lost it?( we like to know what is happening
locally)
Lancashire Lass

lancashire lass
Elder

Back to top Go down

English TV Empty Re: English TV

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:16 pm

.. try filmon.com if your internet is up to it.... Certainly they intend to swap over satellites later this year and it is reckoned no where in Italy will get UK tv...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

English TV Empty FILMON

Post by Vicino Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Filmon.com has been around a while (2009 ish) but was always a tad flaky. In the last 6 months though, it works great every time I try it. I also have the UK Satellite connection (1mtr dish) and it is due to 'move' onto Astra 2F in July (the latest date !), but it MIGHT still be ok then with a bigger dish (1.2mtr).

Filmon is a great backup(and FREE), register (it is VERY simple) and you get very decent streaming of all terrestrial UKTV including channel 5 (if you want it !) and some Italian TV(Rai1 & 2). No need for a VPN connection either which reduces the potential bandwidth challenges ever so slightly.
V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:52 pm

I do not watch NOI TV, but the Channel Guide says that there is no information... strange confused
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 pm

We lost the BBC news and the sports feeds as the BBC cut costs and discontinued using the Astra 28E satellite. Can still get quite a lot of English speaking programs on it, so not too bothered. Use a VPN for downloading anything I cannot get, and then a few other tweaks to record it if need be!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:42 pm

I have 2 English Freesat boxes with a large (>1m) dish. Currently I get everything except, like the Lancashire Lass, Channel 5.

Certainly I still get all the usual BBC channels (including HD). But I gather that's all to change - or is it?

The BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml seem to suggest that Freesat won't be changing.

Am I, as ever, living in a fool's world? Sad
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 pm

ghiro wrote:I have 2 English Freesat boxes with a large (>1m) dish. Currently I get everything except, like the Lancashire Lass, Channel 5.

Certainly I still get all the usual BBC channels (including HD). But I gather that's all to change - or is it?

The BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/info/sat_frequencies.shtml seem to suggest that Freesat won't be changing.

Am I, as ever, living in a fool's world? Sad

I would read the last para, outside the UK will be impacted... I've not looked again for the report that was out on this about two weeks ago, but it showed a nice diagram of where the beam will be, about half way or more down France... scratch

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

English TV Empty Channel 5

Post by Vicino Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:53 am

Just to repeat, Channel 5 is available LIVE on www.filmon.com if you need/want it. You need to register for ad free viewing.
V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum