The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Explanation

4 posters

Go down

Explanation Empty Explanation

Post by Hazy Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:48 am

Having recently posted a question and been told I should have gone to Portal for further information, a section I had no idea about. May I suggest it would be helpful to have an explanation as to how this site works (Portal, PMs etc etc)to enable members take full advantage of its possibilities? It may even encourage new members once it is realised how advantageous this site can be.

Hazy
Elder

Back to top Go down

Explanation Empty Re: Explanation

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:55 am

Hi Hazy. It's not that you should have gone to the portal, it's more the failing of the software/application this forum is sitting on. This is nothing to do with the forum or Admin I hasten to add. To create a forum you get a template from a company and within the confines of that template you can personalise your own forum. This one is free and comes with a few limitations. Sorry for the long winded explanation, but it may help other peoples understanding also.... One of the limits of the forum template seems to be that post disappear off your radar if you don't frequent it very often and/or logout... 

And for all of the above... The main thing to note is that Admin has posted recently (can't be bothered to search it out in the middle of writing this) that it is hoped/intended to move the entire forum to another template (company) base... (correct Admin?) Just for the record (and put tongue in cheek) you like me are lazy as we really all should explore the forum button and see what they do before starting... A bit like reading the manual first, which of course I hardly ever do... Hopefully any new forum will be more intuitive and easy to use. However, all be warned that none ever have everything you want unless written/developed by the owner...  Smile  Smile  Smile

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:40 pm

and then they rarely work properly (IM as an example.......)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:04 pm

Admin wrote:and then they rarely work properly (IM as an example.......)

Thanks for the laugh Admin, but you really can't give IM as an example of anything (well apart  from some great members it had)....  Laughing  Laughing

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:09 pm

You creep Steve !!!

Razz 

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down