The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bomarzo park of monsters

3 posters

Go down

Bomarzo park of monsters Empty Bomarzo park of monsters

Post by FBower Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:35 am

Another gem of a park in Lazio,  although the official website doesn't do it justice. Statutes sculptured from huge blocks of stone are to be found hidden amongst the woodland and date back to mid 1500s. Very atmospheric at this time of year as many of the sculptures were coated in thick green moss and the autumn light filtering through the trees created a ghostly hue. Just off the A1 at Attigliano if you are ever in the area. We followed it with a light lunch at Lago di Bolsena, which was beautifully peaceful.

http://www.parcodeimostri.com/

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Bomarzo park of monsters Empty Re: Bomarzo park of monsters

Post by modicasa Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:49 am

It's a strange place isn't it?  I have a book of photos from the 1950's of this park, so off I went, to discover its privately owned and seems more a picnic zone than the park I had hoped to find.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FBower Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:41 am

modicasa wrote:It's a strange place isn't it?  I have a book of photos from the 1950's of this park, so off I went, to discover its privately owned and seems more a picnic zone than the park I had hoped to find.
There were certainly a lot of (empty) picnic tables in the field before you entered the park itself and our car looked very lonely in the huge car park so I assume there are lots of visitors at certain times of the year. We were fortunate and pretty well had the park to ourselves.

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:28 am

I saw it on Monti Don's Italian Gardens programme and it looked very eery.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum