The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone here have one of these?

2 posters

Go down

Does anyone here have one of these? Empty Does anyone here have one of these?

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Oct 20, 2013 8:28 am

Trulli article LINK

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here have one of these? Empty Re: Does anyone here have one of these?

Post by Flying pigs Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:25 pm

Yes, I am in one as I write.  We love them and bought ours over eight years ago.  We always holidayed in Puglia before we had children, after we had children, then a break when they wouldn't travel that far, then back again without them.  The trulli have always fascinated us.  We now spend six months of the year in it.  However, it is very cold in the winter, as Puglia is in general and we haven't spent a winter here as yet.

Our daughter is in Australia and her partner says the only thing he misses about Europe is coming to the trullo!

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here have one of these? Empty Sounds wonderful....

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Flying pigs wrote:Yes, I am in one as I write.  We love them and bought ours over eight years ago.  We always holidayed in Puglia before we had children, after we had children, then a break when they wouldn't travel that far, then back again without them.  The trulli have always fascinated us.  We now spend six months of the year in it.  However, it is very cold in the winter, as Puglia is in general and we haven't spent a winter here as yet.Our daughter is in Australia and her partner says the only thing he misses about Europe is coming to the trullo!
Sounds wonderful, we looked at buying there a few years back, but found Abruzzo looked slightly cheaper at the time... I would think they are ideal to heat with a wood burning stove... It's a region we must visit at some point...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Does anyone here have one of these? Empty Re: Does anyone here have one of these?

Post by Flying pigs Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:16 pm

We have a pellet stove at present and an excellent open fire but will be putting a woodburner in a new kitchen extension that has been waiting to be finished for a few years! 

Abruzzo is not so far, if you fancy a trip next spring just pm me.

Flying pigs

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks, that's very kind of you.

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum