The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BANG BANG !

+5
Geotherm
ghiro
stevegwmonkseaton
Vicino
Angela Fuller
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

BANG BANG ! - Page 2 Empty BANG BANG !

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Woke up early this morning with the dreaded sound BANG BANG....Brain clicked into slow working mode and I realized it was 1st Sept.....the first day of the 'hunting season'.  I have never been able to work out what they are hunting so can only assume the occasional boar or deer, or even worse birds....!  Whilst I can understand, if over-run by boar causing damage to crops etc an organized cull would help control the problem but where I live we have very few deer but are fortunate enough to have a plentiful range of birds, many migratory, who come to enjoy the Spring Summer here and of course, the beautiful, all year round resident birds.  Please can anyone enlighten me as to what is targeted in their areas...
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

BANG BANG ! - Page 2 Empty Re: BANG BANG !

Post by flyingveepixie Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 am

In Puglia they go around shooting songbirds - thrushes in particular but also anything that has wings for the fun of it.  Truly a bunch of sad gits. 

To add insult to injury they have no qualms about littering your land with their spent shotgun shells.

Boot 'em off your land if you catch them at it.
flyingveepixie
flyingveepixie
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ghiro Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:14 pm

flyingveepixie wrote:In Puglia they go around shooting songbirds - thrushes in particular but also anything that has wings for the fun of it.  Truly a bunch of sad gits. To add insult to injury they have no qualms about littering your land with their spent shotgun shells.Boot 'em off your land if you catch them at it.
I think you'll find that they're quite entitled to hunt over your land whether you like it or not.  Sad  Sad

There is, I believe, some restriction as to how close to a dwelling they can discharge their firearms (500m?) however.
ghiro
ghiro

Back to top Go down

Post by flyingveepixie Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:51 pm

I've heard otherwise - don't know if it's true or not mind you - but someone I was talking to on the plane last year said that if you ask them to remove themselves from your land then they have to comply, also some of my neighbours have multiple "Divieto di Caccia" signs dotted around their perimeters - which means "no hunting". 

I also heard about the rule regarding proximity to property - if it exists it's completely ignored in Puglia, and I often find myself standing in my garden or on my veranda to the sound of shot pitter pattering down through the trees around me.

A nasty side issue of this arises when one considers the amount of lead which must be lying around in gardens from spent shot.....leaching into your peppers, Carciofi, tomatos, onions, olive trees etc

Last edited by flyingveepixie on Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
flyingveepixie
flyingveepixie
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:25 pm

We had heard 200M, perhaps it differs from region to region, but I'm sure they will be the same in ignoring it in all the regions  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Sad  Sad

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicino Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:48 pm

Not an expert on this at all !! My understanding (which has lessened somewhat over the years) is that they should not fire a shot within 250mtrs of a dwelling (ha !!), and I am still pretty certain that they cannot trespass on your land IF it is fenced off and appropriate signage is in place. AS in they cannot climb over your fence.

Now then............let me put my hard hat away until October  Mad  

V
Vicino
Vicino
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by sincero Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:10 pm

Most Italians oppose hunting!!So lets support the democratic process not a few bloodthirsty idiots,
sincero
sincero

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I suppose sincero, it depends where you live.....and what is eating all the food you are trying to grow....Here they hunt, and on Sundays 50 plus of them when it's the time to hunt the boar !  I am sure however the younger generation is not so keen....so things will change as food is so easily available in the supermarkets !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:37 am

Well. the BIG wind and the rain should have woken me up this morning , but no....it was the sound of gun fire.....the hunting season has started....As  someone said, maybe the continuous rain will put the hunters off hunting for a few days...I hope  !
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by stevegwmonkseaton Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:25 pm

Not heard any hunters here, but thunder, yes lots and lots, pc have been as much off as on... We have 5 days of thunder forecast...

stevegwmonkseaton
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum