The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Political parties - the election

3 posters

Go down

Political parties - the election Empty Political parties - the election

Post by Stratocaster Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:13 pm

This week I received details of the election. I have never voted in the Italian elections and I would like to know what each party is proposing to do.

I don’t read italian very well so if anyone can direct me to some English written information it will be useful.

Thanks

Stratocaster
Contributor

Back to top Go down

Political parties - the election Empty Re: Political parties - the election

Post by modicasa Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:49 am

Only Italian citizens can vote in national elections.   Assuming you are a citizen  it depends where you live as to the options available.  Under the new election law -  you will be voting for the Camera (House of Commons) and the Senato (Lords) - and the rules hahve changed - so you have a vote for a college and your local MP - which must be the same.   AS to your choices you have the left - PD, SEL, Liberty etc , the right - Forza Italia, Lega and Fratelli di Italia (progressively more right wing).  The option to break the usual behind closed doors politics is the 5 star movement, which is antiestablishment and promises major reforms - some good some bad.
Asto what theyare proposing we are in Trump land - they are all promising everything to everyone - Berlusconi and FI being the worst - in the hope of getting votes.  What then happens, is they do nothing of what theyve promised, except hand out some contracts to their mates and the citizens get royally shafted until the next elections.

modicasa
Elder

http://www.modicasa.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:47 am

Well done modi. Very accurately summed up, nothing changes except for the ones in power and their mates.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum