The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Care / Help needed

4 posters

Go down

Care / Help needed Empty Care / Help needed

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:27 am

I was just thinking, amongst us all there are probably people with caring skills or who would be happy to pick up some shopping for someone close by if needed, even put the hoover / mop around.   I am not sure if we can integrate this onto The Italy Forum site but we might be able to as we are already divided into our regions.  Maybe those willing to help could register along with those in need.  Just a thought....

Last edited by Angela Fuller on Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad grammer)
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Care / Help needed Empty Re: Care / Help needed

Post by DarcyDog Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:13 am

I think it's a good idea Angie. Why not try under the swap section and if it takes off I'll structure it in a better way.
DarcyDog
DarcyDog
Elder

http://www.vitaeterra.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 am

Darcy Dog, Will post it on Swap but do you think Wanted would be a better place....nobody minds helping out once or twice but if it was to become a regular thing, maybe some sort of payment would be needed ?
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by DarcyDog Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 am

There is a fabulous things they have started in one of the Ligurian towns. It is a labour bank. You  give your labour and get a credit for x hours of labour you can redeem from someone else. It as on the local TV and seems to be doing really well.
I suspect people would want to pay in kind (food etc) rather than cash. That is much more the culture here.
DarcyDog
DarcyDog
Elder

http://www.vitaeterra.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:43 am

Darcy Dog, They had a similar thing in the Forest of Dean (Glos) uk, where you traded in acorns yrs ago.....worked well, and will do for alot of tasks.....but I am not sure about Care Work as often needed 2 x daily, maybe 3 for short periods of time so alot of commitment....Worth a go though......
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Flip Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:59 pm

A great idea which I commend wholeheartedly, but due to the distances involved here, unless someone in need is on ones doorstep or very close, I don't see it of being of much practical help. Sorry to be such a misery/pessimist.
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angela Fuller Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:50 am

Yes Flip, I understand the distances involved could be a problem, but it may work for some, you never know.....I was asked to write a care plan and assess a lady who had been discharged from hospital with only family (who had no caring experience) to look after her....She was of course from the uk and between us we managed to get her back there, her choice....  As I said in original post if anyone was interested in registering their skills or needs maybe someone close by could help ?  Will wait to see if any more replies to this post before taking it further.
Angela Fuller
Angela Fuller

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:10 pm

I think it is an excellent idea as help and solidarity, even advice, are always needed. Perhaps it may be easier to organize when we get a larger number of members and an even distribution amongst regions; however, we have to start somewhere....
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down