The Italy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insane Italians

+2
Gala Placidia
Flip
6 posters

Go down

Insane Italians Empty Insane Italians

Post by Geotherm Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Okay, just to get some views on this.
A month or so ago, a idiot in a Ape came roaring up the road and allegedly hit one of our dogs. He failed to stop, but returned about 5 mins later saying his bumper was damaged and in typical Italian fashion called the Carabinieri to make a Denuncia.
The idiot is now asking for 500 Euro, which is probably the value of the APE he was driving like a maniac on a white road before he takes legal action in 15 days.
My thoughts that I am going to put forward are that he was driving far too fast, without due care and consideration for any people or animals on the road and failing to stop after a alleged accident.
Dog was taken to the vet within the hour for x-rays but not found to have any injury.
Seems like another Italian scam just to get money.
Geotherm
Geotherm

http://www.geotherm.it

Back to top Go down

Insane Italians Empty Re: Insane Italians

Post by Flip Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 pm

Not saying that you are in any way to blame Geo, but in all my time in Italy the one thing I've learnt is that, if involved in any form of ''Accident'' call the Carabinieri or Vigil Urbani ASAP, as the first to call is usually the one believed. If I were you I'd consult an Avvocato and call this guys bluff. Estraneo are often the brunt of less scrupulous Italian types, so it pays to have a camera handy at all times to record ''disputes''.   In bocca al lupo !
Flip
Flip
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gala Placidia Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:43 am

Sorry about your predicament, Geo, but I have to agree with Flip’s advice.
Gala Placidia
Gala Placidia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sagraiasolar Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:43 am

Some friends used to put off corupt forestale denuncias/fines by just saying ' sure, see you in court with our lawyer from ROME'
... the cases abruptly disappeared
Anyway your case looks good.
!/. was the bumper damaged before the incident or after - how would he prove otherwise?
2/. If the dog was unharmed then how did it bend a chunk of steel?
3/. If he managed to hit a fit dog how fast was he going?   or .....
4/. Did he deliberately hit the dog and would he like to see the vets bill?  ... and a denuncia.

... all questions a smart-arse lawyer from Rome would ask and pretty scary for a contadino

good luck 
Sagraiasolar
Sagraiasolar
Elder

http://www.originaltwist.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks all for the advice. Will now start to work out a scary answer for the poor person!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by FBower Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 pm

round our way people 'denuncia' back as soon as possible and then it takes ages and ages before the argument is settled.  I would certainly accuse him of driving dangerously etc (I think that means he has to prove he wasn't) and nearly killing your dog, which he miraculously missed!

FBower
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 pm

Well I am answering his letter which must have been written by a child. I used google translate and this is what the numpty said:

"He asks.
compensation for damages caused by your dog to my moped.
the event took place on 11.10.2017, around 6.00 pm, while the undersigned passed along the road, in the locality of xxxxxx, near your home. In fact, suddenly your dog Peter assailed me, while circulating regularly and preventing me from continuing my journey, he was violently beating the body of the aforementioned moped, causing visible damage quantifiable in E500.00""

As he failed to stop after the alleged incident, I also found a Italian law which was put up by another English person on a blog. This could get interesting!!!

I have included in my letter to him the Italian version.
http://www.petsinitaly.com/home/road-traffic-accident-legislation/

Updates to follow!!!
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:06 pm

Hi Geo,

Have you tried speaking with Aliberti driving school in Servigliano about this?  We have been attending driving school there and find them to be very nice and helpful.
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Geotherm Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Lisa.
Thanks for that, but I do not think speaking to a driving school will be of much help.
I do have a couple of other things that I could possibly bring up with this idiot, but will save them, depending on his answer.
Have just had a fairly expensive dash-cam installed, as am fed up with nearly being hit by drivers who think that the whole road is theirs. Had one today, pulled out of a junction directly in front of me and pottered up the road at about 20kmh, then turned right with no indication.
Amazing what the warning sign for the camera in the rear window does, as it seems to get the idiots to back off a bit!!! They will be late for pranzo with nonna Very Happy Very Happy Sad
Geotherm
Geotherm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lisa C. Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:37 pm

Hope it all works out Geo. Just an aside that the driving school does much more than teach how to drive from what we can see. Before we signed up, two people who were in an accident came in to discuss with the owner. The one at fault was trying to get the woman whose car he hit to declare something that wasn't true. After she refused, he ultimately stormed out, saying he already had too many points on his license. I believe she filed a denuncia and had a witness sign a written statement.They seem to be involved in a variety of things including license renewals, reviosion, etc. best of luck!

Geotherm wrote:Hi Lisa.Thanks for that, but I do not think speaking to a driving school will be of much help.I do have a couple of other things that I could possibly bring up with this idiot, but will save them, depending on his answer.Have just had a fairly expensive dash-cam installed, as am fed up with nearly being hit by drivers who think that the whole road is theirs. Had one today, pulled out of a junction directly in front of me and pottered up the road at about 20kmh, then turned right with no indication.Amazing what the warning sign for the camera in the rear window does, as it seems to get the idiots to back off a bit!!! They will be late for pranzo with nonna Very Happy Very Happy Sad
Lisa C.
Lisa C.
Elder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum